Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome to Coolportunity

I've always loved to volunteer my time, but I've found that it's often difficult to be matched with a good opportunity unless you are involved with a group such as a church organization or school club. In college, I spent many hours volunteering my time for breast cancer awareness, homeless shelters, domestic violence shelters and campus safety awareness. When I graduated and started my career, I found the time commitments required for many volunteer opportunities did not fit into my busy schedule. It wasn't that I didn't want to help--it's that times and dates never quite matched up.

For young adults who want to donate their time in a fun and rewarding way, I introduce Coolportunity! Coolportunities are fun, unique and important volunteer opportunities that are suitable for us busy twenty-and-thirty-somethings.

What are the characteristics of a Coolportunity?

-It's feel-good, but note that doesn't always mean "easy"
-It impacts your community and environment in a positive manner
-There may be some qualifications and training, but it is not overly difficult to get involved (i.e. no weekly meetings or expensive training sessions)
-There is no financial obligation on your part
-You can get your friends involved
-Most are in Greater Cincinnati

Please check back weekly for new Coolportunities!

No comments:

Post a Comment